I have decided that I will change the style of my blog. I find that most of the things I make never make it to the blog. Usually, because I enjoy sewing more than writing. From now on I will not necessarily write long prologues about everything. I will write what seems right at the time, and trust my readers are overbearing with me. Sometimes I might just post a photo…. with just maybe a few words 🙂
Yesterday I made or tried to make a tunic. The fabric was some type of cotton blend. Looked a bit boring, but I knew I could make this into a splendid garment. I bought it on sale, so it was not expensive. But I started about 4:30 yesterday morning and worked all day. The theme was centered on the sleeves from Loretti 5217. I have used these sleeves a couple of times before making outfits for my oldest daughter, but this time I was making something for myself. I have loved these sleeves. I worked very carefully. Basting and basting and basting some more. Everything was just perfect, until I was almost finished. This morning I woke up early again and of course I had to work some more on my “project”. Well…. in the final part where I was adjusting the sleeves disaster struck. I don’t know why I did what I did. But I made the opening of the sleeves much too narrow. I am so sorry. Now it can just be a “play outfit” for my daughter. I don’t think I can bear to do anything more to it.
But at the end of it all, maybe this is just a lesson I need to learn. Just be happy the fabric was cheap. To help myself progress I am now ordering Larry D. King’s CD’s about the basic sleeve and the advanced sleeve. Maybe my knowledge will grow 🙂
Here you see my daughter in my flop. The sleeves are too narrow under the arms. This is because I have tried to cut them higher up in a attempt to make a more comfortable fit. But such is life, this did not work. Here is also a photo of the sleeve in from the sewing pattern.