I love this pattern. In a way it is fun, doesn’t just have a straight up and down shape and it is very comfortable. I used a cotton lycra fabric from my stash. It has laid around for a long time and I didn’t quite know what to do with it. I tend to like prints that are not too complex. This to me was a little much. But then I had this sewing pattern and I didn’t have any other fabric at hand that was suitable.
The pattern is a bit time-consuming to make, because you have to mark all the corners of the pattern pieces using tape and a marker. This is necessary to get the placing correct. The dress was a bit long, so I had to exclude the bottom panel and cut of a bit at the bottom. I thought this made the bottom a little wide. In the end I made an elastic casing, giving me the desired width. Next time I use this pattern I will try to alter the pattern before I cut my fabric, retaining the intended shape at the bottom.
Still in the end I felt like the work was worth it. Here are the results: